The Camogie Association are recruiting people to train as Camogie Foundation Level Tutors who will deliver camogie coaching courses on behalf of the Camogie Association.
Increasing the availability of quality and accredited camogie coaching is one of the specific goals of the Association’s National Development Plan 2010-2015. Tutors play an enormously important role in helping to achieve this goal specifically in the design, delivery and review of coach education programmes.
- The 2012 Tutor Training Course will take place in Dublin or Limerick and will be delivered by Coaching Ireland.
- The course comprises of 2 full weekends: April 7th and 8th and April 28th and 29th.
- In addition to attending the course, over both weekends there are structured distance learning tasks and tutor practice to undertake as well as attendance at camogie in-service workshops for Foundation/observe Foundation courses before candidates can be deemed qualified tutors.
- The cost to the Association of training a tutor is €500.
- Candidates will be expected to contribute 50% of this by March 14th 2012 once their selection is confirmed.
- Upon qualification tutors will be expected to deliver 4 courses within the following 12 months after which you will be reimbursed in full.
Please see attached document for details regarding the Role of Tutors and Criteria for Tutor selection.
There are only 15 places so please ensure you pass this email on to people you think may be interested/ excellent in this role.
The more accomplished camogie tutors your county has, the better for your county!
Co Development Officers: Can you please discuss with your co board and target a few people that you feel would be of benefit to your county to train as tutors and contact them and make them aware of the opportunity.
Co Games Managers: ye might have a few people in mind?
Co Secretaries: Can ye please forward this information to all your camogie clubs and ask them to target people in their clubs that might be interested.
Co PROS: Can you please promote this in all newsletters/websites/facebook pages?
If you have any further queries regarding becoming a tutor for the Camogie Association, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org