Munster Coaching and Games Development will hold the finals of their U/15 Super Touch Blitzes in Mallow GAA Complex on Saturday 16th of June. 288 young players (the best of our Under 15 club hurlers and footballers) from over 24 clubs in Munster will converge on the fantastic Mallow facility to compete in the finals of the Munster GAA Supertouch Competitions 2012.
The competitions commenced over two weeks ago with 96 clubs and almost 1200 players participating at various venues throughout the province. While the winning teams qualified for the Munster Finals the emphasis was nevertheless on participation, fun and enjoyment with every participating player receiving a specially designed Munster GAA Training Jersey
The day’s activity on June 16th will commence at 10.30am with the hurling competition. Here 12 teams will battle it out on four pitches with the semi final being held at 12.45 and final at 1.30pm. At 2 pm it will be the turn of the Under 15 footballers from various clubs throughout the province. Yet again 12 teams will participate with the semi finals timed for 4.15 and final at 5pm.
This is one of the many programmes organised by Munster Coaching and Games Development Committee aimed at improving skill levels and providing more games for our underage club players.
Munster Games Managers
Joe Carton & Pat O Shea
Munster Under 15 Super Touch Hurling Finals 2012
Group 1 – Aghabullogue, Sixmilebridge, Moyle Rovers
Group 2 – Wolfe Tones, Toomevara, Ballinahassig
Group 3 – Clonlara, Drom & Inch, Fr O’Neills
Group 4 – Parteen, Blackrock, Passage East
Hurling Programme for the day
9.45am Draw for group games
10.30am Round 1
11.15am Round 2
12.00pm Round 3
12.45pm Semi Finals (1v2) (3v4)
Rules Of The Hurling Competition
1. Games are 10-a-side
2. Panels Of 12 Players Only, List of players given to the Ref at the start of the competition and cannot be changed
3. Every team plays each other, Top Team in each group qualifies for final
4. Groups of 3 with Games to run Simultaneously
5. Games will be 10 min per half
6. In the event of a tie the team which has conceded least amount of scores will advance.
7. Unlimited Subs must be made at the middle of the field
8. Goalposts to be placed on the 20m Line.
9. The Full Width of the pitch will be used
10. Size 5 Sliotars to be Used
11. Games are played every 35 minutes
12. Every Player on the Panel to play in each game
14. A Player who receives 2 yellow Cards will miss the remainder of that game
15. If a player receives a straight Red card he will miss the next game
17. The competition will begin at 1.00pm.